Have you decided to get Botox? If so, then you must know how important choosing a Botox practice is.
Whether it is preventative Botox or a liquid facelift, choosing the best injector will dramatically affect your overall experience and results. Here’s how to find the best Botox practice in Fairfax, Virginia.
Your treatment should leave you looking and feeling your best. For this to happen, you must choose an injector with the skill and experience to match your expectations. There are many factors that you should consider when making this choice.
New to the cosmetic world or not, finding the best injector begins by asking the right questions. From your initial search, to the consultation, and beyond, questions are important.
Understanding the treatment you will receive and who will be administering it will you give the most optimal results. That’s why we have created this guide to help you ask the right questions at the right time.
Type of Provider
When choosing an injector, it is crucial to ensure that they are a medical professional trained in the art of aesthetic procedures. This could be a doctor or a nurse.
Untrained, unqualified injectors will lead to bad results and potentially serious complications like permanent damage. Choosing a provider that is not a medical professional also puts you at great risk of receiving shady products that can leave you disfigured.
Where Is the Treatment Being Performed?
First, it’s important to ensure that your treatment is done in an appropriate and safe environment. We encourage our customers to stay away from salons or people who offer injections out of their homes.
Places like med spas, medical offices, dermatology clinics, or plastic surgery centers are much safer. Make sure that the office you choose is clean and professional. Once you are confident in the office, you can find out who will perform the procedure. Often, a nurse will perform lip injections or Botox and they generally have a lot of experience doing the procedures.
After you have it narrowed down to a few providers, research them online. This is a good way to learn about their credibility, read their bio and view before and after photos of their work. You should also read reviews and testimonials from their past patients. You should always choose a provider that is board certified and has experience with the treatment you are interested in.
Every injector has their own technique and style. Look at the patients that have received Botox treatment. Were they satisfied? Did they have a comfortable experience? While many providers offer a variety of cosmetic treatments, some specialize in specific treatments. This could be important to your end goals.
Furthermore, many providers have different areas of expertise. If you need targeted treatments, it’s best to find a provider with extensive experience doing those procedures. You can also ask friends and family for referrals to get a firsthand account of experiences.
The best injectors love to showcase their works and social media is a great way to do so. If you are considering a particular provider, look at their social media. You may find before and after pictures, current promotions, and even live Q&A sessions. It’s important here to note that a provider’s follow count is not as important as their content, how they interact with patients asking questions, and the overall feel of their practice.
Typically, if something feels off to you, it probably is. Trust your gut instinct and find a different provider. There are some things however, that are red flags. Beware a provider who:
- Is over-confident or promises to make you look like someone else. Quality injectors will only work to enhance your natural features, not change your facial structure altogether.
- Has no digital presence. Even if they don’t post their patients on social media, they should still have a website, reviews, and a social media presence. If you can’t find a provider online, steer clear.
- Seem nervous or won’t answer your questions. A qualified injector will have no issue answering your questions and showing you their credentials and previous work. If a provider seems nervous or can’t answer your questions, they probably aren’t qualified or experienced enough to perform your procedure.
- Won’t tell you what they are going to inject you with. There are several products available for highly popular treatments, but a good injector will always show you the unopened vial of product and ensure that you are receiving the full product you are paying for.
- Doesn’t take his/her time. your consultation should not be rushed. You want a provider that takes the time to listen to your concerns, explain your treatment options, and make sure you feel comfortable and confident in the procedure you choose.
- Pushes you to get treatments you didn’t ask for. If you go in for Botox, your provider will probably tell you about other services they offer. That’s fine. However, if the provider seems pushy, you should probably find someone else that you are more comfortable with.
Best Botox Practice in Fairfax Virginia
While it isn’t an easy process, choosing the best injector is paramount to your experience, comfort, and results.
The experts at Prolase Medispa will always make sure that you are safe, comfortable and confident in your choice of treatment. If you are ready to try Botox, or another cosmetic service, contact us today to get started!