How to Prepare for Pigmentation Removal in Falls Church, Virginia and What to Expect
Pigmentation removal is a safe, effective, and common procedure, allowing excessive dark spots, melasma, and manchas to be successfully removed.
Pigmentation removal in Falls Church, Virginia with treatments such as an IPL photofacial is also effective at removing postpartum dark patches.
I’ve Interested in Pigmentation Removal In Falls Church, Virginia, So How Should I Prepare?
While a common procedure, there are important ways to prepare for your appointment:
- Skin must be clean and free of lotions, creams, and perfumes.
- Shave hair that is present in the area to be treated.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least four weeks before treatment.
- Stop self-tanning two weeks prior to your treatment.
- Make sure to use a sunblock with at least an SPF of 30.
- Avoid topical products that cause photosensitivity for three days before treatment.
- Be sure to follow instructions regarding medications given during your consultation.
- If you’ve had other cosmetic treatments such as fillers, Botox, or laser services, contact your provider to be sure you can proceed with pigmentation removal.
You will be given a full list of steps during your consultation, so be sure to follow everything your provider recommends.
Is Pigmentation Removal Painful? What Should I Expect During My Appointment?
Your appointment begins with a discussion about your health history to make sure there are no reasons you shouldn’t go through with treatment. You’ll also talk about what you hope to achieve from pigmentation removal.
Once the skin is cleansed and prepared, you’re given eyewear to protect you from the laser light. Clothing will remain on all areas not being treated. Depending on the number of areas being treated, the process can take as little as 15 minutes. While it does not hurt, you may experience mild discomfort.
There Are Side Effects Which Can Be Managed Easily
Afterward, you’ll notice redness, swelling, or tenderness at the site. To relieve discomfort, take OTC pain relievers, and use ice packs. Also, you may notice a change in skin color as well as flaking, scabbing, and blistering during the healing process. This can last for several days.
The Most Incredible Results from Pigmentation Removal Are Found at Prolase Medispa!
Our experience with pigmentation removal coupled with our comfortable environment and personalized care means a fantastic experience for you! To discuss more about pigmentation removal in Falls Church, Virginia, contact us today at 703-747-9443 to book your consultation.