Are you excited to get your summer body ready and flaunt your stuff in your favorite bikini this year? Is unpleasant, difficult-to-manage pubic hair holding you back? You’re not alone.
Here’s everything you need to know about Brazilian laser hair removal near Arlington, Virginia in this quick and easy guide!
What Is Laser Hair Removal in the First Place?
If you’re not already familiar with laser hair removal, or LHR for short, is a light-based hair reduction procedure. It involves the use of a concentrated beam of light, also known as a laser, to heat up your hair follicles and damage them as a result of this intense warmth.
The point of this is to produce long lasting hair reduction. By damaging or even destroying your hair follicles, the hair becomes reduced and struggles to grow for long periods of time. In many cases, laser hair removal can even be permanent.
Multiple sessions are required to get the most out of your LHR. Fortunately, it doesn’t take very long, especially for treatment of pubic hair.
What’s the Difference Between Bikini Line and Brazilian?
Brazilian versus bikini: what’s the difference? Which one gives the best results? More importantly, which one is right for you? Well, it depends on your comfort zone and the amount of hair you want to keep. Think of what you usually do when you shave or wax, and apply it to your LHR experience.
Here are the five most popular styles of bikini or Brazilian hair removal.
- Bikini line: Hair removal along the bikini line only covers what your bikini bottoms don’t. Basically, the hair that peeks out of your panties or bikini bottoms is the only hair that’s removed. This typically includes the top of the pubic area, as well as the area where your outer labia and inner thigh meet.
- Full Brazilian: A full Brazilian removes every single hair in the area, leaving you completely bare. It includes the buttocks, labia, bikini line, anus, everywhere. It is sometimes called the “Hollywood bikini.”
- Mini Brazilian: A mini Brazilian removes all of the front hairs on the mons pubis, labia, and bikini line, but hairs on the buttocks are untouched.
- Brazilian bikini: This is sometimes referred to as a “French bikini” and combines the benefits of full Brazilian and bikini line treatments. Hair is removed everywhere except for a small amount that can be a simple rectangular strip or turned into designs like a small triangle or heart.
- Brazilian plus: The Brazilian plus treatment is everything and then some. This is typically only needed if you have significant hair on your stomach or back that connects to your pubic hair.
Is Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Painful? How Do I Make It Comfortable?
The pubic area is naturally very sensitive, so you might hesitate to get laser hair removal performed on or around it for fear of pain. Thankfully, even Brazilian LHR is surprisingly comfortable, thanks to advancements in technology.
Laser hair removal is actually much less painful than waxing, if you’re familiar with that sensation. You might feel some stinging heat, comparable to a rubber band snapping against your skin, but it’s surprisingly tolerable.
If your pain tolerance is low, a numbing cream or ice pack can be used to reduce discomfort. Shaving before your procedure is important as well to minimize pain.
How Do I Avoid Feeling Shy in Front of My Laser Specialist?
You’ll have to bare it all for hair-free skin, which can be incredibly intimidating and even embarrassing at first, although you might feel totally fine with stripping down. In either case, it’s important to remember that you’re in good hands and that your laser technician won’t judge you or how you look down there.
Your LHR specialist will guide you every step of the way and make sure that you’re comfortable, and they will never shame you about your body. With each appointment, you should feel increasingly more comfortable, so just take some deep breaths, relax, and wait it out.
How Do I Prepare for LHR? What About Aftercare?
Pre-LHR and post-treatment care are both extremely important for a safe, successful, and painless experience. While laser hair removal is a mostly simple, easy-going procedure that carries minimal risk, there are many ways you can improve your results and the overall process.
First, make sure to have a consultation with a reputable laser technician. This is to ensure that you’re a good candidate and whether or not you will actually benefit from this hair removal treatment. This is a good opportunity to do a patch test.
Second, stop plucking or waxing, and shave instead, ideally 24 hours before your appointment. Limit UV exposure as well, either from the sun or tanning beds.
Finally, prioritize aftercare with each session. Continue to avoid waxing and tweezing, and only shave in between your appointments.
UV exposure should still be avoided. Apply a cold compress or prescription cream if needed. Make sure to keep the area clean and hydrated with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer that is safe for such a sensitive area.
Book Your Brazilian Laser Hair Removal Near Arlington, Virginia at Prolase Medispa!
Get summer ready with custom Brazilian LHR treatments at Prolase Medispa! We offer gentle yet effective laser hair removal for smooth, hair-free skin that lasts indefinitely.
Contact us today at 703-747-9443 to schedule your visit at one of our two convenient locations and find out if this popular hair removal method is right for you!