If you’ve done your research to find out about the safest laser hair removal in Falls Church, Virginia, you already know that Alexandrite and YAG are the top options.
But, there’s still so much more you need to know about laser hair removal (LHR) before you decide if it’s the route you want to take in achieving silky smooth skin.
There are a lot of considerations to make before deciding whether you’re ready to toss the razors and shaving cream in the trash or cancel your waxing appointments.
Here’s What to Think About Before Getting the Safest Laser Hair Removal in Falls Church, Virginia
- Cost: Consider your budget and whether you are willing to invest in the treatment. It does cost more upfront to remove hair via laser, but it can be a much more affordable alternative in the long run to shaving and waxing. A session can cost anywhere from $100 to $800 depending on the area being treated.
- Safety: Certain medical conditions or medications might make laser treatments unsuitable for some individuals. Consult with a qualified professional and disclose your medical history during the consultation.
- Efficacy: LHR is most effective on individuals with light skin and dark hair. The laser targets the melanin in hair follicles, so people with lighter hair colors like blonde or gray may not experience as significant results. However, it does work for everyone of all hair and skin colors.
- Treatment area: LHR can be performed on various areas, including the face, underarms, chest, back, bikini area, and more. Consider the areas you want to get lasered and make sure it’s safe to have them treated.
- Pain tolerance: The level of discomfort varies among individuals, and modern laser systems often come with built-in cooling mechanisms to minimize discomfort. But, you may find it hard to tolerate. A patch test can be performed to test your skin for sensitivity.
- The commitment: LHR typically requires multiple sessions to achieve the best results. Depending on the area and your hair growth cycle, you may need two to six sessions or more, spaced four to eight weeks apart. Each session can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the treated area. Factor in the time required for multiple sessions when considering laser hair removal.
- Aftercare: You’ll likely experience redness, tenderness, a rash, or other common side effects afterward. Be prepared to pamper your skin and to avoid exposing the treated area to sunlight.
- Longevity: While LHR can lead to a significant reduction in hair growth, it may not result in permanent hair removal for everyone. Some hair regrowth may occur over time, so it’s important to understand you may need to repeat maintenance treatments every year or two.
A Consultation Is Key to Ensuring You Know What You’re Getting Into
During the consultation, your laser expert will assess your skin and hair type, discuss your expectations, and address any concerns you may have. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific circumstances to determine the safest laser hair removal in Falls Church, Virginia for you.
Your Laser Hair Removal Consultation With the Area’s Top Providers Is Just a Phone Call Away!
It’s time you did something just for you! So, pick up the phone now and call us at 703-747-9443 to book your consultation and learn more about the ins and outs of LHR.
Here at Prolase Medispa, our laser experts develop custom treatment plans for each and every patient, letting everyone know exactly what to expect and how to achieve optimal results.
We want you to have realistic expectations and make an informed decision about your care! Contact us today for amazing special offers such as 30% off for new clients.